Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Happy Birthday to me!  Yesterday was my birthday!  I am now 57 years old.  I am not quite sure how this happened.  It was just yesterday that I was 18 and still rocking a bikini.  My mid drift has not seen the sun in so long now that it would blind you with how white it is!  But (there is always a but), I would not go back again.  I love where I am in life these days.  I love every bit of my 57 years; the wrinkles, the fat, the memories, all of it. Two of my closest friends came over yesterday and had a birthday tea party just for me.  We spent the day talking about past, present, and future.
I think it was only suppose to last a couple of hours, but as usual, we stretched it out to about 9 hours.  We laughed, we peed a little, and then we laughed some more!  We talked about everything...and I mean everything! I could not and would not have appreciated a tea party when I was 18.  I could not and would not have appreciated the importance of life time friendships when I was 18.  Both things that I now embrace and enjoy.  There is something about a cup of tea with friends.  Good friends do not come along very often, so when you find yours, do not ever let go.  There are highs and lows and everything in between along the way.  The stories you share from years gone by will fill your heart and overflow your eyes with tears.  We have been through death, birth, husbands, jobs, ministries, and every other conceivable situation in our friendships.  Sometimes I am a little jealous of these two remarkable women that God has placed in my life.  At 24 years of friendship, I am still the new kid on the block.  They have known each other since high school.  I came in about 15 years later.  They talk about high school dance team and people from the past that I do not know.  That is ok though and I really don't mind.  We have 24 years of memories together that are irreplaceable.  The day culminated with prayer.  They both gathered around me and prayed a prayer of blessing over my life.  What more could a person ask for.  Thank you Shari and Shana.  My tea party was exquisite, but the best gift I got was from God and that was the gift of you.  I love you.
Blessings
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment