Sunday, July 10, 2016

I Cried a Little

I cried a little today.  Strange but true. I had watched a television show about two people who had shut themselves off from love due to past hurt.  Today they finally let their guard down long enough to realize how deeply they cared for each other.  I took a moment to have a pity party all by myself and I shed a couple of tears and asked God why. Why is it so hard for some people to love and be loved.  I did not like the answer.  If we reap the harvest that we have planted, than the harvest we are reaping is a direct result of our own planting.  If one desires to be loved unconditionally, than one must, indeed, love unconditionally.  A person must accept another person the way they are, warts and all, if that same person wishes to be accepted the way God created that person to be, warts and all. We do not, usually,  like this answer.  We want the other person to change.  We want that person to ride in on a white horse and carry us away.  But the truth is, we can not change anyone except ourselves.  If we want our mate to be a better person, than we must start by being a better person ourselves.  So, here is my resolve for my own personal life; to stop complaining every time I pick up a plate left in the living room, to stop mentioning the obvious every time a pair of socks are let on the floor, to stop being the one who waits to see if someone is going to take out the trash (just do it).  I am not sure if I will be successful the first attempt, or the second, or the third.  But if I am better tomorrow than I was today, it will be a good day.  If I am better next week than this week, it will be an awesome week.  If I am better next year than this year, I will rejoice.  I do not have to perfect this over night.  I just have to be better.  Better everyday than the day before.  If I am tempted 6 times tomorrow and overcome one time, it is a victory.  If by next year I am still tempted 6 times but overcome 3 times, I will rejoice.  Someday I will look back and realize that I was not even tempted on that day.  It no longer taunts me.  Every day strive to be better than the day before and it will be good enough..
Blessings

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment